Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Do it for posterity

I watched a very moving documentary tonight called 51 Birch Street. I've seen many documentaries that involve children filmmakers interviewing their parents as subjects. I've been one of those would-be documentarians myself. 51 Birch Street sets a gold standard.

The film also inspired me to learn a new word. Did you know that "posterity" means future generations? What a cool meaning for a word that I'd only ever heard in cliches.

Law school continues this week, as it will for the next many, many weeks. I am feeling overwhelmed a bit by the unceasing work. Not that it's so much (yet) but it seems there is a low-level constant pressure beginning to build. (What's that I hear? The sound of 2Ls and 3Ls laughing?) I would have liked for my afternoon to involve much less planning around getting certain reading assignments done, and much more walking around the neighborhood and eating out at delicious restaurants. You know, the kind of thing I could do when I worked a regular day job.

T had a job interview today. His business also officially launched the new website today!! Check it out, because it looks awesome. I'm impressed by how much he's done in the mere week since we arrived. I want to take that as a good sign.

No comments: