Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Breakdown of a Morning

I woke up late this morning because my first class was canceled. Here is how I spent my morning:
7:45 - 8:15 am - hit snooze
8:20 am - drag myself out of bed in time to catch a glimpse of T looking handsome in his dress clothes and sleek tie.
8:30 am - cereal.
8:40 am - coffee and news.
9:00 am - print a bunch of homicide articles for criminal law.
9:15 am - shower.
9:35 am - read homicide articles at the table half dressed with a towel on my head.
10:15 am - finish dressing myself.
10:20 am - take dog for a walk. think about how a year ago i could have only dreamed of a whole morning to myself. remind myself that this is only a temporary, if pleasant, detour. think about all the things i have to do in order to be able to watch the debate on thursday night. plan my week. budget out the remainder of my $20 weekly allowance.
10:40 am - do a few mechanical turks at 2 cents a pop. rewrite an article about teddy bears for $1.50.
11:00 am - research cases for my legal research and writing memo.
11:45 am - reheat a quesadilla for lunch.
11:50 am - eat lunch while watching msnbc.
12:00 pm - update my other blog.
12:20 pm - decide, what the hell, to update this blog.
12:32 pm - start to freak out about the time. did i really use my morning wisely? i have class in an hour. damn. i should review cases for crim law. etc. etc.
12:33 pm - get off the computer and get ready for school.

No comments: