Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I can see the perfect sky is torn

I heard that song "Torn" by Natalie Imbrugiliaigualia (sp?) on the radio this morning while driving to work. It inspired some sort of epiphany in me, and led to the following internal monologue:

"Wow. I should write about that in my blog when I get to work. Except. No. I swore off the computer today. Today I will actually get work done, but that means NO TOUCHING INTERNET EXPLORER... OR MINESWEEPER. Oh well. I guess I can enjoy this little gem of insight all on my own."

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: What the hell kind of epiphany was it? Wish I could remember.

*

So I totally knocked out my advanced Minesweeper top score, which is now down to 182 seconds. I like to imagine myself in some kind of tournament like the one that takes place in that Fred Savage movie about the Super Mario Brothers 3 tournament, all intense stare and rapid-fire clicking, opponents being knocked out and collapsing to their knees all around me.

*

Law school is coming. But first: my birthday! A weekend at T's family's house! Seeing my sister! Visiting NC! Packing and moving! Borrowing $15,000! Spending a week at the beach! Some other stuff, probably!

We are trying to take it all in stride.

No comments: