Tuesday, July 28, 2009

OMG I'm about to be married...

Okay, right about now is when I look at all the people, especially young people, in my life that are already married, and I think to myself: How did they do it? Right about now, I am wishing I paid more attention to my friends when they were getting married, at their bridal showers and bachelorette parties and last minute visits, and watched and marvelled. How did they do it and stay so calm? Or, if they were freaking out, how did they manage to keep it together?

Today, I woke up in a panic about the fact that we have less than 10 days to Pull It Together. I know what my friend O says: "It's Just One Day." I know what my friend B says: "Don't lose sight of the Real Meaning of It All." I know what my friend K says: "You won't remember half the Stuff You Freaked Out About." I also know that this is just like law school -- half the fun is in freaking out and getting excited and nervous and thinking, "holycrapIcan'tbelievethisisactuallyhappeningtome!" (In a good way, of course.) But still. It's times like this I wish I lived closer to my friends, especially my bridesmaids. I could really use some girl time.

1 comment:

Jackie pst! said...

Girrrrrrl just think next Friday: Flaming Volcanoes.