Wednesday, July 8, 2009

the living's easy

Today is exactly one month from the day I get married. In one month, I will be at my wedding reception. Isn't that crazy? Not really. This isn't more than what I ever expected we would do. I've always known I want to spend my life with him. But at the hard parts of our relationship, I have wondered if I would get to live that dream out. It looks like I might be in luck, after all.

I had three glasses of wine at a fancy bar on the 19th floor of a high rise in the middle of the city with my section-mates from 1L year. While I was there, I learned that our new class schedules are up for the fall. I came home and checked out the roster, where I learned I'll be taking Employment Law, Trust & Estates, Political & Civil Rights and the school's famed trial advocacy program. The news is something of a Pandora's Box. It is fascinating, intriguing, exciting... and dangerous. I am staring at my new class schedule from across the room, eyeing it warily and waiting to see who makes the first move. I'm not ready to go back yet. Hell, I'm not ready to cross that aisle and go from planning a wedding to being married. Everything is moving so fast!