Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blurry vision

It's not that nothing is going on in my life. It's not that life is so exciting or busy that I can't update, either. It's just that I don't want to get into it. I don't want to write any more about the sad things that have happened. And I don't feel like writing about the happy things is the best way to enjoy them. In short, I'm avoiding self-reflection. That seems like such a daunting task.

My bridal shower is on Saturday. I can't believe my bridal shower is on Saturday. Like, this is actually happening to me. It's actually my turn to be going through this age-old ritual. Come to think of it, that's how I remember feeling about being in college, at the beginning.

T's grandma passed away yesterday. We knew she was really sick before all the stuff with my uncle started. In fact, when I heard my uncle "had a stroke" I thought it was a blip compared to T's grandma's sudden and unexpected cancer diagnosis. That turned out not to be true. But in either case, both T's grandma and my uncle have left us for a better place. Sigh.

Life, and all that comes with it. Since I got back from South America, I've been really trying to enjoy it. And I think I've done a pretty good job, all things considered. I'm just not writing about it.

No comments: