Saturday, May 9, 2009

International law, schminternational law

As of 9:50 pm on Saturday, the penultimate night of studying for 1L finals, my international law outline is 49 pages. And I am approximately half-way through the syllabus. This is seriously outrageous. And yes, I'm aware I should have been outlining the entire time or something.

Basically, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be writing down and what not to. As a result, I am creating a hideous Frankesteinian monster. Its out of control growth is so fast that the entire document is sure to consume me for breakfast on Monday morning as I sit staring helplessly at a 7-page fact pattern. I just hope I can get through the course in time to pare this thing down before the exam.

Like me, T is at his wits end. I keep trying to write about the things he's been doing to try to get my attention, which are all sweet-seeming things designed specifically to bug me and get a rise out of me. But then I realize that I'm just at that tail end of finals when everything, even nice, good, happy things, just bother you. For no reason, except that they are nice, and good, and happy, and you feel anything but.

I can't even imagine what life is going to be like after Monday!

No comments: