Saturday, April 25, 2009

Preparando para festejar

I am supposed to be outlining for Con Law. T went over to the Best Man's house to drink some beer with Best Man and Best Woman (for lack of a better nickname) and generally enjoy the nice weather. I didn't go because I really really really want to go to tomorrow's big parade put on by our local transplanted Mexican community, which is mainly from Puebla, in honor of the Battle of Puebla (the real reason for Cinco de Mayo, fyi). It sounds like it's going to be the real deal, given that one man interviewed for the newspaper about it was lamenting the only downside, which is that local ordinances prohibit participants from using real gunpowder when shooting off their muskets. Apparently, there will be a band imported from Mexico, and all the participants paid $100 to join. At a time when this city is struggling to sustain it's local festivals, this community has made certain to find a way to pay for its annual tradition. Obviously, my hopes are sky high. We'll see what happens.

So that's why I am at home right now. Erm. Studying.

And now that I feel sufficiently guilty, I will go back to trying to follow the stupid doctrinal line from Holmes' dissent in Abrams to wherever the hell it ends up...

No comments: