Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Theraflu makes the heart grow fonder

Why I have a wonderful husband (the "I'm sick" version):
- He made homemade golden cheddar soup & skillet cornbread for dinner on Sunday!
- He brought me soup & goldfish crackers in bed on a tray for dinner last night!
- He played four rounds of Boggle in bed with me last night!
- He encouraged me to sleep in instead of going to class today!
- He went out in the cold and rainy nastiness to buy me Theraflu!
- He walked the dog for me in the mornings as well as at night!
- He pretended not to hear all the gross sick noises I made at night!
- He offered to put away my laundry for me (my least favorite chore)!
- He didn't mind that I went several days without changing out of my long underwear!

And that is why I am working as hard as I can to stop being sick. I'm ready to start attending classes regularly, going to work, making dinner for T, getting back in the habit of doing chores, feeling attractive and generally interacting with the world again.

It all starts with a single shower. I guess you could say I'm off to a good start!

2 comments:

CP said...

wow, you are one lucky girl! Sounds like a great hubby- feel better soon!

Reconstructing said...

Hi fellow blawger...I just stumbled on your site (feel free to check mine out, reconstructinglawschool.blogspot.com) and I loved this post. Soup & goldfish crackers are the stuff real love is made of.