Wednesday, March 25, 2009

disaster dream wedding

snippets from last night's dream, which i don't expect anyone to actually read:
- the ceremony was going to take place in a catholic church (huh?!) but as the (very few) guests started to gather, a bunch of homeless people were filling the pews for the noon sermon.
- nothing was ready, so i started to frantically direct my bridesmaids, T, his groomsmen and my parents to get various tasks done. but instead of helping, my mom decided to attend the mass and only one of my bridesmaids showed up (that's you, J) but she disappeared into her office, which was for some reason in the church with a handdrawn sign that said "J's Office".
- i sent T and one of his groomsmen to check on the caterer, who i realized i still hadn't received a proposal from for the food, etc. (true in real life.) i also realized that it was a mistake for me to have asked T to snail mail the request for us to reserve a city park earlier that week (also true in real life), since it obviously was probably just getting to the office on the day of the wedding.
- i flew (literally) over to the caterer's office, frantically flapping my arms, where i found that T and his attendant were just ambling on up to the office, having using their leisurely stroll as a chance to catch up.
- irritated, i landed in front of them and asked the caterer what the deal was with the food and where we were supposed to have the reception, since we didn't already have a park reserved. he offered us the grassy knoll by his "office" (a lemonade stand-style lean-to). the knoll was unacceptable to me, as the whole area was too noisy with the sound of children playing and cars driving by.
- i realized it was a huge mistake for us to try and plan the wedding in such a short amount of time, and we'd either have to proceed in this shabby manner or else put it off and send our guests home.
- then i realized that virtually none of my guests were there.
- then i realized that we didn't know who was going to marry us.
- then i realized it was all a moot point because we had forgotten to get a marriage license.
- then i sighed, licked my arm and sadly began flying back to the church.

then i woke up, contemplated spending some time working out a few of the pesky details that haunted my disaster dream wedding, and decided f that. instead i breathed a sigh of relief as i trekked over to starbucks to read property law and outline international law for nearly three peaceful hours. learning the law never felt so good.

2 comments:

CP said...

oh no! after that dream, the real thing is gonna seem like a breeze~! I love the homeless people coming into the church during the ceremony :) LOL!

Jackie pst! said...

This is amazing, I was laughing so loud reading this while blowdrying that the dogs were staring at me with cocked heads.

I love my office inside of the church!