Monday, December 1, 2008

the big picture

Today it was rainy and I accidentally slept until 12:50. When I woke up and heard the wind slapping rain against the windows, I knew I wasn't dragging myself over to campus to study for my one pass/fail exam on Thursday. (Must study at school because my book, which I haven't opened in months, is still in my locker.) It was an "in" day. So I stayed in.

T made a delicious breakfast, like our old-school breakfasts from Richmond, minus the fake meat that we haven't been able to bring ourselves to buy up here. (And at $5.00 for four sausage patties, can you blame us?) We played pool on the Wii, my brand-new present to myself for getting into law school seven months ago. Afterward, I took a luxuriously long hot shower. The kind of hot shower that can only be appreciated on a cold rainy day after days upon days of studying in a dirty pink bathrobe. And I even got dressed!

With such a good start to the day, I managed to get a lot of outlining done. For the first time since perhaps the very beginning of the semester (if then), all the pieces feel like they are coming together with torts. I hate saying this, but I kind of enjoy outlining. It's a step back, a chance to see the Big Picture of the course. And for me, it's in seeing the big picture that I can appreciate the value of a confusing, sometimes painful, occasionally hilarious but mostly just complicated concept. If it weren't for the big picture, I'd be screwed. So yeah, outlining is coming along, and so is everything else.

No comments: