Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Let go, let God

I have to remind myself that the summer has not even begun. This late spring will probably have flown by, in retrospect. Now, it is dragging on like the feet beneath me. We have not made a decision. At least, we haven't made a decision about whether to move or stay put. There are some other things we have decided on, however: living as a team, putting family first, making the most of our days, being young, striving for happiness, feeling the love. Strangely, I'm just not that worried about it. I know that whatever happens, we will be okay. That's a liberating feeling.

On the other hand, at some point I have to start facing the fact that I will be a student again. My progress on this point has been minimal. I'm reading Crime and Punishment, which is one of those books that always calls to mind a Sesame Street skit with the Count, reading in a dusty old chair. (I may be confused.. if you have the time to look for that skit, I found an episode guide.) The book is good, but I think I have a long way to go.

Who am I kidding? I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I had my first law school dream the other night. It involved my schedule, I think. I'm wondering if this is going to be my chance to prove to my subconscious that I can actually go to school without losing my schedule/forgetting to put on a shirt/ignoring all my assignments until the day of the test. It's kind of weirding me out that I'm going to be donning that "student" label again. But it's also kind of cool.

No comments: