Monday, June 29, 2009

In preparation for my birthday...

I just surfed my way over to this amazing blog. This woman started the blog on her 28th birthday in order to track her progress in completing 30 things she wants to do before she turns 30. I LOVE it! I am going to spend the next few days brainstorming about what kinds of things I want to do before I turn 30, and maybe follow in her footsteps. When I was in high school I created this long list of 100 things I wanted to do before I die. I was really into writing every New Years Eve about the passing year, and collecting all my trinkets into boxes for each year, and reflecting on my birthday about the highs and lows. In other words, I was a total sentimental, nostalgic sap. And I miss that part of me. These days, and for a long time now, it seems like I've just gone through routine, day in and day out, stealing laughs where I can but mostly just floating on. I want to take a cue from my younger self and try to live more in the moment, and appreciate things more. And by "appreciate things more" I don't just mean look around my room and say "nice!" but actually DO the things I want to do, and strive for the life I want to live. So, yes, I think this will be a nice project. Hooray! My birthday is on Friday, so I have some time to think this through.

By the way, I am trying an experiment here. Hopefully this won't blow up my blog. But part of the experiment involves this link. Click if you like, but it's really apropos of nothing.

1 comment:

CP said...

I'm totally a sentimental sap- and I always have been! Do you still have those trinkets? I bet they would be fun to look through now.