Thursday, January 15, 2009

Waiting game

That lovely winter break is quickly growing small in the rear view mirror. The bitter cold of the big city is everywhere, even trying to seep in through our windowpanes. The wedding that we giddily discussed is now on the back burner while we adjust to a new semester and all the things in life that were on pause for a few weeks as we briefly flocked south for the winter break. I'm excited to be learning new things. I'm already tired of walking the dog every afternoon. I'm looking for new ways to save time and finding new ways to drain it away. I need to unpack. I feel newly energized and optimistic and usually grateful. But most of the time, I feel the kind of emptiness you feel at a doctor's office with no magazines, when you're just spacing out, waiting for your name to be called.

No comments: