Sunday, January 18, 2009

To go or not to go

Where did this night go? It's 2:23 am. About 15 minutes ago, I tried to start a game of The Game of (Real) Life on the grounds that it was only 11 o'clock. I was, of course, reading the hands backwards on the clock. Whoops.

So obviously I've had a bit to drink. I'm laying off for the most part. But tonight, T and I went to see Revolutionary Road, which was great (kind of depressing though). There happened to be a noodle place next door, so we decided to go for dinner afterward, with wine include. One chilly walk back and we made it to the apartment just in time to see my future brother-in-law and his GF pulling up with the car we loaned them. We went out for more drinks and food. A couple hours later and we ended up back at my apartment with T's best friend, playing Wii and finishing off our bottle of wine from last night.

Now I'm sitting here trying to decide whether to drive down for the inauguration on Tuesday. I really, really, really can't decide. I had just about written it off, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like it would be nothing but a regret to not at least try. This might make up for all the other things I could have but did not do over the last few years (e.g. the State of the Union address protest on the Washington mall the year we started the Iraq war; the second GW Bush inauguration protest; etc.) not to mention it would be terrible to be able to say I attended GW Bush's first inauguration parade and not Obama's. Anyway... to be determined, I guess. One thing is for sure: tomorrow, I get to sleeeeeeeeeep in!

No comments: