Saturday, December 13, 2008

Black Letter Law

Black Letter Law (to the tune of "Red Letter Day" by The Get Up Kids)
You've got some nerve I never knew
What with the time that I devoted to learning you.
They said you'd be much clearer now.
But you're just a phase I've gotten over anyhow.
Be over! I'm not getting it, again.
I hide in the covers, from torts and all the others.
But you keep finding... But you keep finding me
I trusted misleading mnemonics worth repeating.
How could you do this to me?
Black letter law I can't learn.
Just want the grade that I deserve.
They said you'd be much clearer since
I bought the Restatements.
That was a lie. Who promises what, when did he sign?
What happens if he falls down?
Be over now.
I think I should try....
Try and forget it.
Be over.
Dear God.
I hide in the covers, from contracts like the others.
But you keep haunting... you keep haunting me
If I trusted misleading promises worth repeating.
Could you be liable to me?

No comments: