Wednesday, July 23, 2008

As the world turns

As my days are winding down here at work, I have a few spare moments to update this blog. I thought I'd take advantage. Sometime in the future, I'll want to take a stroll down memory lane, come to this blog and remember these hectic days. But barely. Because they are flying by, and I'm not doing much note-taking.

We played Katan at J & P's yesterday. That was a welcome change from the new nightly routine of making dinner, surreptitiously looking around for things to throw away or sell on Craigslist, cleaning up and distracting myself from getting anything done until bedtime. Tonight is a different story. Tonight, I pack.

Per usual, the big impending changes in my life are not phasing me in any meaningful way yet. It'll all kick in eventually. Like, around the time we are sweeping out the last of the dog-made tumbleweeds from the corners of the empty bedroom. In many ways, I think my delayed sense of panic is a blessing. It's what helps me to be pro-active about making big decisions. But I admire T for his ability to stay in touch with his feelings at all times. He is struggling with the change much more than I. There are many reasons for this, so it's not as simple as personality differences or the way we manage our emotions. Still. I am impressed by his ability to reason through his feelings every day, and be so open and honest with me about what he's going through.

I started to do a checklist of things I have to do before heading off to the beach. But I'm not even quite there yet. Maybe after tonight, it'll be more clear. Maybe. For now, I'm awaiting my lunch date's arrival.

No comments: