Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So far so good

I'm liking this 3L thing! I feel like I'm finally allowed to not care! And, not that it was a high standard to beat or anything, but three days in and I'm already doing wayyyy more work than I was this time last semester. For one, I own my books. For two, I've done my reading. For three, I have six highlighters that are brand-spankin-new and in all the appropriate colors.

Things I'm loving about this semester so far: that my classes don't start until after 2 p.m. every day; that I have no class on Friday and only a brief clinical session on Wednesdays; that I'm not taking any statutory courses; that my reading assignments appear to be reasonable and syllabi seem focused; that I'm not taking any fancy trial advocacy course that forces me to plan entire trials instead of catching up on my homework (although we will be doing FOUR roleplays in my alternative dispute resolution class...); that I don't feel completely burnt out.

Yay! Now let's see how long I can keep this optimism burning...

2 comments:

Law School Wife said...

Nice schedule!

je said...

Thanks, girl! Miss your blog!! Hope you and LSH are doing well and adjusting nicely to the new work-you-to-death school year!