Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A post not worth reading

Boring law school update: I finished my PR exam, my mock trial and the final paper for my serial writing course. Three "regular" (if you count an 8-hour take home exam regular) finals left and this I can finally chuck this semester into the wastebin, where I've been pretending it's been all along.

Aside from that, I've just been thanking my lucky stars that I snagged a man who knows how to communicate, doesn't hold it against me or shut down when I start to cry, tells me exactly why he's mad at me and is willing to spend 2 hours talking out a meltdown with me the next day.

Huh. "Meltdown." If I did a search for that word in my blog, I'd be willing to bet that it's come up every finals season so far. Should've seen it coming from a mile away.

What else? What else? I'm thinking about post-graduation possibilities. I'm thinking about immigration and whether this is something I'll want to practice. Pros include a high potential of getting paying work right out of school, maybe being able to start my own practice even, and really being able to help people in the community I had in mind when I left for law school. Cons include the very real possibility that it is drugery and not exciting work. I'm not sure. Haven't started my summer internship, but I suspect the pressure will be on before the end of the summer to figure out what exactly I want to do. Suckers. Nobody puts JE in a corner!

No comments: