Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Back in the saddle

It's been a while.

So, the last substantive post I had I believe I was talking about starting my job search. Haha. I put that on pause immediately after I returned home from the job fair. On the plus side, I really enjoyed spending the weekend with my classmate who came along. She and I had a lot to talk about, and since the second day of the job fair turned out to be a bust, we spent the afternoon exploring the monuments on the National Mall. Ah, to be a tourist again!

We also had some friends come and visit from down south. They brought their two-year old child with them, which was an absolute delight for me, as it seems I cannot get enough babies in my life these days. I'm not gonna lie, I'm running a slight fever. (I can just hear T reading this and cringing/laughing at the word "slight".)

I'm drinking PBR at midnight while I update this blog, which can only mean one thing: It's crunch time! School is taking the front seat again, hence my return to the blog. I'm taking a break from going into the office for my internship, although I'll continue to do research from school and home. I'm doing a kind of exciting memo for my boss on probationary union employees and their right to tort remedies for wrongful employment. I never thought I'd write the words "exciting" and "memo" in the same sentence, much less adjacent to one another. But I talked to a guru of farmworker law today, and he seemed pleased with my analysis of this particular fact pattern and gave me a lot of good starting points for research. I feel thrilled to be around so many attorneys doing so many cool things. (I also organized some law students to volunteer at an AILA event, helping LPRs apply for citizenship, and one of our volunteers got a job! Very cool!)

In other news, I have been marking "x"s on the calendar every day that I remember to take my medication. Which is both helpful (I feel better when I take it every day) and annoying (I also have trouble sleeping, sweat a lot in my sleep, and feel much more hyper... at least at first).

Now, I must go because I have a date with a husband, an episode of Deadwood and the rest of this tallboy. I look forward to re-making your acquaintance, internet.

No comments: