Friday, September 19, 2008

Date night

At some point I would like to drop some of the memorable quotes from my law classes into this blog, just because I want to remember the terribly elitist sense of humor I had during these heady 1L times. But my binder is off in the other room, where I abandoned it in the middle of reading a case that my book described as a "bad application of consideration." Can somebody please explain to me why I should be reading a BAD example of a very confusing concept as a way to help me understand this concept? Makes no sense...

But anyway. I abandoned the casebook in order to spend the evening hanging out with T. Since his best friend moved up here, I've had plenty of time to study while they entertain each other. It's kind of nice having familiar faces around too. But tonight was a good chance to steal away. We walked over to the market to get a couple of $1.50 slices of pizza (incredible) and then decided we'd go see Towelhead at one of the local theaters downtown.

It's pretty awesome that we can walk to not one, but three art house theaters that show independent and foreign movies. They're all part of a local chain of theaters, and having now been to two of them, I have to say that I'm impressed. In addition to candy and popcorn, they sell copies of Persepolis and movie posters at their concession stand. It's a really cool experience, though it can't beat the Byrd for prices and dramatic flair.

After the movie, we walked back to our hood for coffee and pastries, where ate this. Having discovered ganache, I'll never go back to regular chocolate again.

Sadly, I can't say the same for torts.

No comments: