Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Forgetting Judd Apatow

T and I went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night. On the way home, I got flustered by the extremely receptive audience response to the movie, and yada yada yada, we walked home in silence.

Sadly, I don't have the time or mental energy to flesh out the vague objections I have to the latest installment of the Judd Apatow 'n' Pals series. But fortunately, many other bloggers have done the job for me already. I'm linking to some posts that raise questions or take issue with FSM (and Superbad)... I don't necessarily agree with these bloggers on everything, but I can relate and in many cases I do agree.

For your browsing pleasure:

Hard Crayon on the Spontaneous, Quirky Girl and other two-dimensional female characters
Steve the Penguin on the questionable premise of Superbad
Antagony & Ecstasy feels like a grouch for not being okay with the sexism in FSM
Heavy Boots asks: what if the guy in FSM was a female and Sarah Marshall was a dude?

And two males weighed in on the issue...
41 Miles to Freedom quibbles with the ending of FSM
NPR's Fresh Air on the Great Sexual Divide

No comments: